Job security is an illusion. Don’t fall for it. You have to be prepared. Never be too dependent on any one else when it comes to your livelihood or your loved ones’. The only security you have is your ability generate an income by being employable or able to manage your own business at all times. Here are some suggestions on how to create real security:
1. Keep your resume current and updated.
2. If you know that you’re employer is downsizing don’t rest on your laurels; start exploring your options.
3. I cannot say this enough! Have an emergency plan & fund ready.
4. Make a list of what you enjoy doing for fun. Also make a list about what you enjoy about your current job (this may help you determine what types of jobs or business you might enter if necessary).
5. Analyze your current credentials and experience. Ask yourself whether or not you would hire you. If the answer is no, explore all the reasons why not and resolve them.
Until Next Time,
P.S. Comment on you discoveries below & bookmark this page using the buttons on the right panel.