How to Identify Work You Love
This morning I got an e-mail from a woman in South Africa (South Africa!). It made me feel so much joy and also reminded me of why I love blogging and helping people. I am so excited about what’s to come over the next month. Her e-mail inspired me to write this blog post. You will know the work you love by the following things:
1. If your work energizes you: I have two jobs. I have this business and another day job. I love both of them. Although I am managing I lot, I’m able to continue because neither of my jobs are dreadful. I look forward to all of the work I do.
2. If there is joy: Can you reflect upon each day after work and find joy? I can and it’s amazing. If you can only reflect on the negative aspects of your job at the end of the day, you might want to consider doing other work or switching work places if it’s environmental.
3. If the days speed by: Most of us have felt those moments where the days seem to speed by. My weeks go by so quickly it amazes me. A day that drags on is boring and uninspiring. This is not what a typical work day should feel like.
4. When you know you are doing exactly what you are meant to do: Helping the woman from South Africa is exactly what I am meant to do and that brings me immense joy.
5. When ideas come to you in the middle of the night: Sometimes I can barely sleep because there are so many great ideas that come to me. When you are excited about your work, this is a sign that you are doing work that you love.
Check out the book 48 Days to the Work You Love to discover your dream job.
Until Next Time,
P.S. Are you doing work that you love (why or why not?) Comment below. Don’t forget to bookmark this page and subscribe to the blog!